Brooklyn Book Festival!

Today is the brooklyn book festival! And I'm going just as soon as I can finish cooking breakfast, wake my husband, feed everybody, take a shower, get dressed and pile everyone into the car.

I've already printed out a map of the place and who is speaking when at the Youth Stoop.

At 2pm, I will be listening (and taking notes) to Ned Vizzini (Be More Chill), Aimee Friedman (Sea Change) and Anna Godbersen (The Luxe) speak about different approaches to writing about love in teen fiction.

After that, I have a couple hours to browse the book sellers. I am hoping to purchase THE SWEET FAR THING by Libba Bray, EVERNIGHT by Claudia Gray and SEA CHANGE by Aimee Friedman. There will be book singing so maybe I'll snag an autograph or two :)

At 4pm, it's back to the Youth Stoop to hear M.T. Anderson (The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing), Marilyn Nelson (The Freedom Business) and Margaret Peterson Haddix (Shadow Children and Missing series) talk about writing in the past.

And at 5pm, Claudia Gray (Evernight Series) and Carolyn MacCullough (Once a Witch) speak about high school and the paranormal :

I'll be sure to post a quick blog tonight when I get home. If you're there and you see me, say hello.


LIST of authors of children and youth books attending:

Youth and Teens
M.T. Anderson
Laurie Halse Anderson
Coe Booth
Libba Bray
Michael Buckley
Matt de la Peña
Kate DiCamillo
Gayle Forman
Aimee Friedman
Anna Godbersen
Claudia Gray
Paul Griffin
Margaret Peterson Haddix
Carolyn MacCullough
Marilyn Nelson
G. Neri
Danica Novgorodoff
George O'Connor
Raina Telgemeier
Ned Vizzini

Children’s Authors
Judi Barrett
Nick Bruel
Peter and Randall de Seve
Ayun Halliday
Alison Josephs
Victoria Kann
Grace Lin
Christopher Myers
Sahar Simmons
Maureen Sullivan
Tom Tomorrow
Mo Willems
Paul O. Zelinsky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

another layout? =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...