It's Real!!!


So, today I received my author's copy of REBEL MOON in the mail!!!! And I can not contain the *squee!* It's one thing to know you're story has been published, but when you actually hold it in your hand it's flipping amazing!

In honor of my happy moment, I'm sharing with you the first paragraph of PARALLEL, as it appears in REBEL MOON, an Anthology of Supernatural Tales.




Parallel
By L.J. Boldyrev

I walked in to school like nothing had changed even though I couldn’t stop thinking about that night. That one wonderful, terrible night when I had finally given in to him. It was weird to think about it now—while walking down the locker-lined halls of my high school on two legs—but when I ran with him through the forest under the light of the full moon. He was everything to me.

And there it is! Yay! If you hate it, please don't tell me because my fragile heart can't handle that today. Thumper's mom knew best," If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Annnnd if you want to purchase the anthology because you love me, or one of the other 16 authors, there are links in my sidebar to various online book sellers. And in advance, I thank you and give you a great big e-hug. *hug*

13 comments:

A. J. Spindle said...

Woohoo!

Congrats BFF! :)

Tom M Franklin said...

Congratulations!!!

all of the writing, editing, querying, agent-talk, acceptance and everything else along with way hardly means a thing when compared to holding YOUR book in YOUR hands and seeing YOUR name on the page with YOUR writing.

time for a Major Happy Dance and some celebrations!

...

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Congratulations!!!

Theresa Milstein said...

Congratulations on seeing yourself in print. I have nothing bad to say about your paragraph. Excellent start.

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

I'm so happy for you! I hope to order a copy soon. Having some budget issues at the moment. :(

Hugs!

Valerie Kemp said...

WOOHOO! That's so AWESOME Lacey! Great opening paragraph too! Congrats! I can't wait to read it!

Lacey J Edwards said...

Thank you guys soooo much!
Jess, I feel you.

Dorothy Dreyer said...

SO SO SO Awesome! Congratulations! *sprinkles you with confetti*

Tom M Franklin said...

btw, congrats on making to round 4 of the line-by-line novel contest. yours is still clearly the strongest contender.

Lacey J Edwards said...

Tom, I just read your comment over there. Thank you so, so much! You totally made my day.

Lia Victoria said...

This is so awesome! Congratulations on getting published :]

Anonymous said...

Ooo, ooo! It's a book! What an awesome feeling!! I hope the rest of the journey is just as rewarding.

Lacey J Edwards said...

Thanks, everyone! You rock! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...