Another great year comes to an end.

As we enter the final hours of 2009, I am sitting at my kitchen table watching Times Square on the television, and reflecting on the past twelve months. It seems like so long ago I decided, "I'm going to write a novel." But in reality, it was only ten months ago. In ten months, I've read countless books and articles on writing and networking. Flipped the pages of Writers Digest over and over again. Scourged the internet for interviews and blogs from agents and editors and book publishing houses, anything I could to learn about the industry and the market and get a vague idea of what I was getting in to.

I won't get in to all the hairy details about all that I've personally accomplished in 2009, but it does seem overwhelming. Overwhelming and inspirational.

In such a short time, I've pushed myself more than I ever thought I was able. I've made wonderful friendships and the sense of self-worth I've acquired by setting a goal, a goal that I have always dreamed of achieving, was worth every head-banging, eyeball-melting, brain-aching second.

*Fills shot glass with Hennessey* To another head-banging, eyeball-melting, brain-aching year! May all your wishes come true! And by that I mean, may you have the determination and perseverance to make it happen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Write it all down, and sell it. Have a good time during the way!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful 2010!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...